Tons of Techniques Baby Sweater Class
Learn oodles of skills in this class as we knit a super cute baby sweater. The sweater is knit in one piece from the top down. The class is three two-hour sessions. We will go over:
- top down sweater construction
- 3 different cast-ons and why and where to use them
- four different increases and why to use them
- two decreases
- using stitch markers
- pick up and knit
- chart reading (flat and in the round)
- applied i-cord
- and, of course, much more
Students must be comfortable knitting. purling, casting on, and binding off.
- 3 hanks Simplicity yarn
- US 5 DPN's and 32" circular needles
- about 18" of waste yarn that is contrasting color and similar or lighter weight to project yarn
- 4 stitch markers
- tapestry needle
There is no pre-class work, but there will be homework between the sessions. Please make sure that you will have enough time to complete the homework between the sessions.
Class Policies :
Please see our events calendar for available class dates and times.
Class will be held at The Flaming Ice Cube:
1449 Boardman-Canfield Rd | Boardman, OH 44512 | 330-726-4766
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
* If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student's choice.
* If you cancel by 48 hours of the class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel after that, the class fee is non-refundable.
* Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
* All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.
* Class materials must be purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube.
* Students will receive a 10% discount on yarn purchased for their class before class begins.