Join us Friday, October 13th at noon OR 6pm for an afternoon OR evening of pumpkin fun! We will begin with a pumpkin themed meal and then knit some adorable little pumpkins to adorn your table or a pumpkin hot pad (and there may be a surprise third pumpkin project). Of course, we will have pumpkin dessert and beverages along the way, too. Bring your worsted weight yarn and needles and get into the Fall mood at this casual pumpkin social.
Although this is not a class, Michele will be there for any help that is needed and will go over two provisional cast on's and how to make i-cord. Patterns are included and will be distributed at the social. We have a large selection of pumpkin appropriate yarns in stock and they will be displayed together for Pumpkinpalooza. If you'd like to come see the projects in person and select your yarns, please arrive 30 minutes before event.
Supplies for Mini Pumpkins:
Yarn: worsted weight yarn in 2 colors (color A = body; color B - stem), plus waste yarn for cast on
Needles: US5 and US6 DPN's
Notions: crochet hook, stitch marker
Supplies for Pumpkin Hot Pad:
Yarn: Simpliworsted or worsted weight yarn (color A = body; color B - stem)
Needles: US4 needles
Suggested Prerequisite Skills:
To knit pumpkins, you will need to know how to knit in the round. Since this is more of a social than a class, you are welcome to attend even if you do not know how to knit in the round. We will go over provisional cast ons and I-cord.
Class Policies :
Please see our events calendar for available class dates and times.
Class will be held at The Flaming Ice Cube:
1449 Boardman-Canfield Rd | Boardman, OH 44512 | 330-726-4766
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
* If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student's choice.
* If you cancel by 48 hours of the class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel after that, the class fee is non-refundable.
* Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
* All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.
* Class materials must be purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube.
* Students will receive a 10% discount on yarn purchased for their class before class begins.