My First Mittens Class
Keep those fingers and hands toasty warm with a pair of hand-knit mittens! Learn how to make this classic gift in this two-session class.
Techniques covered include:
- knitting in the round with Magic Loop
- how to make a thumb gusset
- using a stitch holder
- pick up and knit
- spit splice
- kitchener stitch
Students should be comfortable knitting, purling, casting on, and knitting in the round on DPN's. If you can complete the pre-class homework, you have the skills!
Pattern is included and will be provided at class. Class attendees will need to bring the following:
- 2 skeins Lana Grande yarn from Cascade
- US 10 circular needle, 32" or longer
- US 10 DPN's
- stitch holder, stitch marker, tapestry needle, scissors
Using US10 DPN's cast on 24 stitches.
Join for knitting in the round (being careful not to twist your stitches)
Round 1) *K1, P1, repeat from * to end of round.
Rounds 2 - 18) repeat Round 1
Do NOT bind off. This is the cuff of your soon-to-be-knit mitten!
Class Policies :
Please see our events calendar for available class dates and times.
Class will be held at The Flaming Ice Cube:
1449 Boardman-Canfield Rd | Boardman, OH 44512 | 330-726-4766
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
* If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student's choice.
* If you cancel by 48 hours of the class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel after that, the class fee is non-refundable.
* Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
* All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.
* Class materials must be purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube.
* Students will receive a 10% discount on yarn purchased for their class before class begins.