Learn to Weave Workshop
This beginning weaving class will teach you the basics of rigid heddle weaving. Learn how the loom functions from warping to filling the weft and finishing your project. You will have a completed scarf with fringe at the end of this 3-4 hours class.
This class teaches the basic technique and opens a door for all kinds of creative exploration. From scarves, placemats, and tablerunners to fabric for garment-making, the possibilities are endless. No fiber skills required!
Prerequisite skills: None!
Supplies / Materials: A loom will be provided for your use during class. The only thing you need to bring is one hank of yarn purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube (and since the yarn is for a class, you will receive 10% off!).
Class Policies :
Please see our events calendar for available class dates and times.
Class will be held at The Flaming Ice Cube:
1449 Boardman-Canfield Rd | Boardman, OH 44512 | 330-726-4766
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
* If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student's choice.
* If you cancel by 48 hours of the class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel after that, the class fee is non-refundable.
* Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
* All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.
* Class materials must be purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube.
* Students will receive a 10% discount on yarn purchased for their class before class begins.