Fixing Mistakes Class
You've been asking for it, so we're offering it! Here is a chance to learn how to fix common mistakes that may be driving you mad!
In this class, we will be going over picking up a dropped stitch, carefully un-knitting (aka 'tinking'), ripping back several rows (aka frogging), changing knits to purls, and placing a lifeline.
These skills will give you the confidence to proceed with any project even when you think you've made a boo-boo, plus give you the confidence to tackle more challenging projects, too.
Students must be confident knitting and purling
Please bring the following to class:
- completed homework
- crochet hook (size D, E, F, or G)
- dpn (size 6 or smaller)
- point protectors
- tapestry needle
- smooth yarn that is thinner than yarn used for homework and of a contrasting color
There is homework required for this class – using a worsted weight yarn (preferaby a light color) and size 6 needles:
Cast on 33 stitches.
Row 1 (RS) k7, p5, k2, p2, k2, p2, k13
Row 2 (WS) k2, p11, k2, p2, k2, p2, k5, p5, k2
Repeat above 2 rows 5 more times for a total of 12 rows
Row 13) k7, p5, k2, p2, k2, p2, k3, yo, k4, k2tog, k4
Row 14) same as Row 2
Row 15) k7, p5, k3, p2, k2, p2, k12
Row 16) k2, p10, k2, p2, k2, p3, k5, p5, k2
Row 17) same as Row 15
Do NOT bind off. Leave stitches on needle.
Class Policies :
Please see our events calendar for available class dates and times.
Class will be held at The Flaming Ice Cube:
1449 Boardman-Canfield Rd | Boardman, OH 44512 | 330-726-4766
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
* If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student's choice.
* If you cancel by 48 hours of the class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel after that, the class fee is non-refundable.
* Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
* All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.
* Class materials must be purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube.
* Students will receive a 10% discount on yarn purchased for their class before class begins.