Building with Lace Class (deposit)
After much anticipation, we are happy to announce our newest year-ish long class series... Building with Lace! This skill-building series will take you through nine different lace sections and a beautiful applied border over the course of 10 months. Each class will focus a different technique in lace knitting as we knit a gorgeous rectangular lace shawl/wrap. Over the 10 months students will build skills and confidence as they become experienced lace knitters.
The course registration fee is $120, and includes the pattern Building with Lace. This course is an incredible value as it equates to less than $13 per class. A $50 deposit allows you to register for the class with the full course fee due by the time of the first class.
Because of tremendous interest, we recommend that you register AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. To ensure delivery in time for class, you must purchase your yarn no later than two weeks before class begins. As usual, we ask for a 50% deposit on all special orders. As with ALL our classes, it is our policy that you must purchase your yarn at The Flaming Ice Cube.
*** A note about gauge: While the shawl does not have to "fit", gauge is important in this project from a yardage standpoint. Properly sized stitches ensure that the shawl does not use more than the recommended yardage. When knit to the recommended gauge, the shawl uses five skeins with approzimately 110 yards / 40g remaining. Larger stitches use more yarn, which could cause a shortage. If you are unwilling to swatch or change needle size, we recommend that you purchase an extra skein of yarn.
Instructor: Michele Barratt
Prerequisites: This is as intermediate level class. Students must be comfortable casting on, knitting, purling, making simple decreases and increases, and binding off.
- Rylie yarn from Hikoo (5 skeins)
- US #6 (4mm) 24-32" circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge of 22 sts and 29 rows in 4"x4" stockinette)
- size F crochet hook
- smooth, contrasting colored waste yarn for cast on, approximately 20 yards
- smooth, contrasting colored waste yarn for lifeline
- removable stitch markers
- tapestry needle
- skein of smooth, light colored worsted weight yarn and appropriate size needles for a class practice swatch
- cable needle (not required until class #4)
- .75 or 1MM crchet hook (not required until class #5)
- 628, No. 6 seed beads (not required until class #5)
Class Policies :
Please see our events calendar for available class dates and times.
Class will be held at The Flaming Ice Cube:
1449 Boardman-Canfield Rd | Boardman, OH 44512 | 330-726-4766
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
* If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student's choice.
* If you cancel by 48 hours of the class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel after that, the class fee is non-refundable.
* Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
* All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.
* Class materials must be purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube.
* Students will receive a 10% discount on yarn purchased for their class before class begins.