All about Gauge
Getting the correct gauge is critical to knitting garments that fit. In one and a half hour class, you will learn all about getting gauge - and much more. A gauge swatch allows you to determine your gauge, but it also tells you so much more!
- The value of swatching - it's more than just gauge
- Factors that affect stitch and row gauge
- How to knit an effective gauge swatch
- Measuring and calculating stitch and row gauge
- What to do when your gauge doesn't match the pattern gauge
Students must be confident knitting and purling
Please bring the following to class:
- completed homework
- 12" of waste yarn in contrasting color and thinner than homework swatch
- tapestry needle- tape measure or ruler
- pencil or pen
Using a worsted weight yarn (Simpliworsted willwork, preferably a light color) and US 7 needles, cast on 36 sts.
rows 1 - 5: knit
row 6 (WS): k3, p30, k3
row 7: knit
repeat rows 6 and 7 nineteen times for a total of 40 body rows
rows 46 - 49: knit
bind off loosely.
Class Policies :
Please see our events calendar for available class dates and times.
Class will be held at The Flaming Ice Cube:
1449 Boardman-Canfield Rd | Boardman, OH 44512 | 330-726-4766
Please arrive 20 minutes early for the first class if you need to purchase supplies for the class.
* If the minimum number of students does not register at least 5 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student's choice.
* If you cancel by 48 hours of the class, you will receive store credit that can be applied to a future class. If you cancel after that, the class fee is non-refundable.
* Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
* All students are assumed to have the prerequisite skills listed on the class sheet.
* Class materials must be purchased at The Flaming Ice Cube.
* Students will receive a 10% discount on yarn purchased for their class before class begins.